Surah al-Asr is the 103rd Surah of The Quran. It is also the second-shortest Surah in The Quran, after Surah al-Kawthar.
Surah al-Asr in Arabic
Here is the full text of Surah al-Asr in Arabic:
And the English translation of Surah al-Asr by Sahih International:
- By Time,
- Indeed, mankind is in loss,
- Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
Surah al-Asr in Pictures
And here’s each verse of Surah al-Asr as a separate image. Feel free to share these with your family and friends.
In brief, this Surah tells us that all of humanity is in loss, except for those who follow or adhere to four basic tenets:
- Iman – Have faith in Allah,
- Salih – Perform righteous deeds,
- Haqq – Remind others of truth and reality,
- Sabr – Encourage others to be patience.
Of course, we cannot exhort others towards Haqq and Sabr, unless we ourselves follow these virtues in our lives.
Thus writes Anjum Ara, outlining the Tafsir of Surah al-Asr in Muslim Memo:
This Surah is the most comprehensive Surah in the Quran because it explains the way to success in just three brief verses.
Further, to quote the words of Imam Shafi’i (RA), about Surah al-Asr:
If the people only considered this Surah well, it alone would suffice them for their guidance.
You can find more images from Surah al-Asr here. Also, if you’re on Instagram, be sure to follow us at @quranic.quotes
Text by Sufyan bin Uzayr / Images by Tarannum Afrin